A Note from Rev. Kate

Dear Friends,

I am writing on a Saturday not with a spiritual reflection, but with an invitation to support the ministry that makes it possible. Like Facebook, I pledge that Water Daily is “free, and always will be,” and unlike Facebook, I don’t envision ads suddenly lining the margins. There is absolutely no obligation to respond to this note with anything but continued enjoyment of these daily reflections and a deeper engagement with the life of God.

I mean that. This is an invitation. No one is “making a list or checking it twice.” We live by grace – I hope that message has come through loud and clear each day.

I started Water Daily initially as a way to offer spiritual nurture to the many people who are a part of the community at Christ the Healer yet can’t always get to Sunday worship. God is in our lives 24/7, not only on Sundays, and I have been delighted to see how these words have helped more people feel connected to what the Holy Spirit is up to around us. I love hearing that the reflection of a given day seemed just right for someone that day, and am glad that the list has expanded beyond the congregation to encompass a wider community. I am fed by writing this, by the opportunity it gives me to spend more time with Sunday’s gospel reading, and by exchanges with you. That’s all the payment I need.

The congregation I serve, Christ the Healer in Stamford, CT is small in numbers though expansive in ministry and outreach. The people who pledge to support its ministry are faithful in giving – and not numerous enough to cover the base of salary and building expenses. If you feel like contributing to its ministry of spiritual nurture, here’s how:

If you are a part of the community at
Christ the Healer, I hope you will make a pledge to support our ministry as a part of God’s mission in 2014. (Click here to pledge online.)

If you are a part of another congregation, I hope you make a pledge to support that ministry.

And if you would like to make a year-end gift to support this ongoing ministry, thank you!

Checks can be sent to: Christ the Healer
                                     20 Brookdale Road
                                     Stamford, CT 06903

It would be helpful if you put "Water Daily" in the memo line.

This will be the only request – until maybe next December.
I look forward to exploring the nativity story with you next week!

With prayer for continued blessings this Advent,
Rev. Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment